Wednesday 27 October 2010

waving .. not drowning


Tidal Waves...

Somtimes
The grief
Overwhelms me
So much
I feel like it's
Impossible
To fight.
So I surrender for a while
And let the tidal waves strike.
But I don't give in.


Grief is like the sea - it seems to go on for ever - it sometimes seems like there's no end in sight. Sometimes it comes in waves and waves, but sometimes it's calm and almost soothing, ... Sometimes, I almost forget it's there... sometimes I know that it's there, but it doesn't seem to be too significant. Sometimes, a storm rises up from nowhere, then slides away just as quickly as it arrived... It gives me strength, it puts things in perspective, it lets me see that the storm will pass... It shows me that this is part of the bigger picture ... part of the rythmn of life.... it is character-building... it makes me strong. But I don't have to be strong all of the the time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.