Thursday 14 October 2010

Hope...

This is something I wrote yesterday - it never ceases to amaze me how writing things down helps release negative feelings - I especially enjoyed doing the jigsaw exercise afterwards - I just drew jigsaw shapes (some of which seem to have slightly phallic-looking appendages, incidentally, which Freud would no doubt have a field day analysing...) then I just let my pen subconsciously write down words that sprang from nowhere ... or was it really from 'nowhere'?? Anyway, here it is, along with a couple of photos I took today:


Hope...
Fleeting moments
Stand out
In high definition
Against a hazy background
Of a lifetime of memories.
Fragmented snippets of sentences
And words unsaid
Form broken jigsaws
In the back of my mind.
Unuttered feelings rise to the surface
Then sink,
Submerged.
Drowning
In waves of emotions 
Undefined,
And then returning to haunt me
In dreams
That evaporate on waking.
Breaking the spell of the past
And bringing awareness
to the present
Until darkness falls again;
Only to be dissolved by the rising sun
Bringing light
Bringing hope.


 

2 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful poem Ali,

    The firt few lines drew me right in and I was off wandering through my own memories.

    Good memories too

    David

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw, thank you so much - so glad it let your mind go for a wander - that's lovely.
    Thanks for always taking the time to comment- I really appreciate it

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.