Friday 29 October 2010

Pretending....


this photo was taken by Iona


Pretending ...

Sometimes
I feel that if I
Can just keep on
Moving
I'll forget
For a little while
Or pretend that
It didn't
Happen.
I'll pretend that you're still here,
Washing dishes and
Making me marmite toast
And chamomile tea...
But I know I can't really
Fool anyone
- Especially not me.
But sometimes
It's nice to
Pretend....



Denial / disbelief is a common theme in the grieving process - even months after the bereavement we can still be struck by a feeling of disbelief  - it's so hard to believe that this has happened - that our loved one has really gone. Eventually, we reach some sort of acceptance  and we gradually adapt to life without that person ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.