Monday 18 October 2010

thicker than water?


'Old as she was, she still missed her daddy sometimes'  
~ Gloria Naylor

xmas 1971 -  me, dad, and my sister...


You knocked on the door
Looking old and dishevelled and
Heavy.
You needed a shave and
Haircut.
You said you missed us.
But you didn't say
'Sorry'.
Maybe you never will.
You walked away with
Shoulders stooped.
I felt sad and
Heavy.
'I miss you too'
I whispered
As you faded out of
View...

(Oct 2010)
~~~~


I had to include a pic with my mum too! 1971. <3


2 comments:

  1. This is one of the most powerful poems of yours I have ever read.

    So few words - so much emotion.

    Terrific

    David

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow - thank you so much David - your comment means such a lot to me. Writing this helped dissolve some of the pain I was feeling...
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.