Tuesday 5 October 2010

One ...


I woke up this morning to the most beautiful sunrise. The sky was on fire - a glowing mix of red, amber and peach.
For how many years has the sun been lighting the sky? How many people have been captivated by sunrises and sunsets over the centuries?
There is such a timelessness about it - I can imagine bronze age man gazing at it, alongside people today - a link between past and present.... It truly is the natural things in life that have the power to take my breath away, make my heart skip, bring tears to my eyes - whether it's the sun rising or setting, the spiritual, spine tingling glow of the moon, the twinkling of a star, or the gentle arch of a rainbow - it is all these things, and more, that really matter.
It is the sharing of the natural wonders of everyday life that bonds us together, spellbound, across continents, time zones and centuries ... Thank you, 'mother nature' ...

This is a poem I wrote a few years ago - sorry if you've seen it before, but I think it ties in with the theme of this blog ...

One

The pheasant's wing

Beats in time

With the Shaman's drum

On the other side

Of the world.

Woodsmoke

Spirals

Up, up and

Away

In the hazy sky

Between two

Worlds.

Worlds apart;

Yet we are all

One...


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful photograph Ali,

    From your window?

    David

    I did think I had already posted thid

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw, thank you David - yes - from my window! I'm very lucky :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must be a real pleasure to get up in the morning and draw back the curtains.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep the curtains open through the night! - can't bear to shut out the view, even while I'm asleep! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you know, if I had thought about it, I would have known that :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. :-)
    - I'm sure you'd be tempted to do the same thing if you had the same view!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.