Monday 25 October 2010

The soul, like the moon...


The moon has been especially beautiful these last few days... I seem to feel a lot more creative in the days leading up to a full moon - does anyone else notice this too?
Anyway, I was having a read through one of my poetry books yesterday, and I really liked this one, so I thought I'd share it:


The Soul, like the moon...


The soul, like the moon,

is new, and always new again.


And I have seen the ocean

continuously creating.


Since I scoured my mind

and my body, I too, Lalla,

am new, each moment new.


My teacher told me one thing,

live in the soul.


When that was so,

I began to go naked,

and dance.


by Lal Ded


- you can find out about her here:


and here:

The book I'm reading is: 'Soul Food: Nourishing poems for starved minds'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.