Saturday 6 November 2010

Graffiti...

I must point out that most of these photos were taken by Iona ~ a link to her blog is at the side, in the 'blogs i read' section

I'm always drawn to graffiti - I really like the brightly coloured pictures that brighten up the edges of cities and suburbs ... sometimes though, it's the words that are really powerful...


The above pictures were taken down a little alley - both walls are covered in writing, & the more we looked at it, the more certain words jumped out. One day when we've got more time, we're going to read the whole lot..
 
 

This (above) was written on a pavement in another part of the city centre. I felt quite sorry for Paul, who was for some reason, on the outside. It reminded me of a poem I wrote a couple of years ago:


 Always ... Or Sometimes?
 Always on the outside
Looking in.
Wanting to be part of it
But not quite fitting in.
Listening, watching
But not sure what to say.
Words don't come easily to me;
It's just my way.
Feeling awkward, self conscious and
Shy.
I feel so different
But I'm not sure 
Why.
I try to accept that we can't all be the same;
But being a loner
Is a lonely game...
                          (Sometimes)...







.... I wanted to finish with someting more positive! ^

2 comments:

  1. Well, this made me smile - always a good start to a Sunday

    David

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks David!
    Hope you enjoy the rest of today!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.