Sunday 7 November 2010

Autumn days, when the grass is jewelled...



I love this time of year! - The crisp bright mornings, the fiery blazes of colour, the rustling, crunching sounds, the big fat raindrops, the blustery wind, bright scarves and mittens, warm jumpers, candlelight, cosy nights in, the lovely damp earthy smells, mulled wine, baking, berries on trees, bonfires, wellies, puddles - the list could go on and on, but I'll stop now before I get too carried away!





"Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all."

- Stanley Horowitz


Today was especially lovely - the sky was so blue, the air so clean, the sun shining so cheerfully - and everything was so still and serene... I took all the photos in this post this afternoon, around Ouseburn (Newcastle upon Tyne). Here are some more:



river of clouds! ^



^ Ten green bottles ...



owls about that then? ^



'under the bridge' ^



I have always preferred the reflection of the life to life itself  ~ Francois Truffaut



 ^ '...Been caught in the middle...' 



^ 'pinky blue'



^ '... wave goodbye' ...





Bag lady ♥

I love all the different colours in these photos!
 

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely series of pictures.

    I felt I was on the walk with you.

    David

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw, lovely - so glad you liked them!
    It would be quite a different set of pictures if I'd been out there today - torrential rain, hail, gale force winds, etc, etc!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.