Tuesday 21 September 2010

Smiling at the Sun ...



I started off the day with another session at the allotment. After a couple of hours of pruning, trimming and generally tidying up, I rewarded myself with a little sit down for a while. It was so lovely to just sit down and feel the sun, and to absorb the sounds, the smells, and the tranquility. I feel so blessed to have my little patch of paradise. It seems to bring out my creative side too ... This is what I wrote today:

Smiling at the Sun

Bathed in golden sunlight
That warms my skin
And caresses my neck
I sit for a while
On the creaking bench
Watching ripples on the pond
And the dancing grass.
I marvel at the beauty of a ladybird
And a delicate flower.
I wonder how it is possible
To feel so much
Joy
So much
Love.
My heart will surely
Burst.
I feel glad to be
Alive.
So glad to be
Alive.
I smile
And I'm sure that
The sun
Smiles
Back.



I've been picking yet more apples!




2 comments:

  1. No sun here today.

    But I would be perfectly content to sit on that bench beside you and listen to your poem

    David

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw, thank you David! It's been gorgeous here today - like a mini Indian summer! Hope the sun shines for you tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.