Monday 20 September 2010

Changing Seasons ...



I love this time of year - well I love every time of year - but I especially love the time of year when the seasons are changing - particularly winter turning into spring, or summer turning into autumn...
I've just been along to my allotment. I picked more apples, tomatoes and runner beans, did some tidying up, then just sat for a while, feeling the wind caressing my face, and watching the sun glint on the golden leaves ... then I wrote this:

Changing Seasons

Change is a coming
Whispering through the leaves
Promises of renewal
and fresh starts.
The nights are drawing in now
and there's a chill in the air
morning and night.
Thoughts turn inwards
As I retreat indoors
And become mesmerised by
Candle light once more.
Nourished by good food
And memories
And the promise of change.
And yet the same rythmns of life go on
Bringing comfort
Bringing hope
Bringing peace
As I welcome the new
Release the old
And embrace and rejoice
in what is ...



3 comments:

  1. I love the atmospheric feel to this Ali.
    The sense of comfort in the familiar and yet the willingness to embrace change.

    Feels just how I am at the moment

    David

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful so beautiful I was there still there and such paradie you painted with word. I too love this part of the year. The colors. The smells. Sometimes haunting but mostlt serene.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.