Sunday 28 March 2010

Soothed by the Sea ...

The sea was bright turquoise and topped in the purest white, sparkling in the sun.
A chilly wind blew white blobs, like shaving foam, across the crests of the waves.
I stood gazing out across the ocean, as far as I could see.
After a while, I felt a sense of peace replacing the anguish.
I shoved my hands deep down into my pockets and grasped my pieces of crystal security blanket, turned and walked away, with a hint of a spring in my step; restored by nature once again...


For whatever we lose (like a you or a me),
It's always our self we find in the sea.
e.e. cummings


Why do we love the sea?
It is because it has some potent power to make us think things we like to think.
Robert Henri


2 comments:

  1. I love the sea...long walks along the coast, salty air, the song of the waves...

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, me too! Thank you for reading this and for commenting!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.