Sunday 20 February 2011

Sparks...

 

Hello again,
I've had quite a peaceful and reflective weekend, which I think was just what I needed. Sometimes life feels so busy, yet it's so important to spend some time just 'being' rather than 'doing'. Just sitting collecting thoughts and feelings together, and re-centering, is so therapeutic, so worthwhile...

Anyway, moving on... in this post, I thought I'd share this extract, from a play called 'Spoonface Steinberg' by Lee Hall. I really like it.

'... because when the world was made ... everything that there is, was all made of magic sparks - and all the magic sparks went into things - deep down and everything has a spark - but it was quite a while ago since it was made and now the sparks are deep down inside and the whole point of being alive - the whole point of living is to find the spark

- and when you meet someone and say hello - or if you tell them a joke or when you say that you love them or try and help someone or you see someone who is sad or injured or maybe they have lost all their money ... or maybe they're just a bit glum or hungry or you ask the time or maybe they've missed the train - all these people, all they need is help to find the spark...

... and if only you could see the spark then there was a meaning ... and the meaning was if you found the spark - then it would be like electricity - and you would glow like a light and you would shine like the sparks and that was the meaning - ... it was glowing - it was finding the sparks inside you and setting them free.' ...


Points for reflection...
Have you found your spark?
What makes you feel really alive?


4 comments:

  1. Ah, the sparks are always there. Every now and then they shoot out from the torch of hope and we do well to catch them.

    I've just written that and now I wonder if there is a poem in it. I shall go write it in my notebook :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw, what a lovely response!
    I'm most definitely sure that there is a poem in that!- I look forward to seeing what you come up with! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A poem did get written Ali.

    http://belfastdavid.wordpress.com/2011/03/01/sparks-of-hope/

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.