Tuesday 28 December 2010

So Long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersehen, Good-bye ~ 2010


Hello again!

I'm sitting here writing this blog in the midst of  the strange limbo land that is the week between Christmas Day and New Year. This week, I'm never quite sure what day it is, or what time it is, or what I should or shouldn't be eating and /or drinking. So far, since christmas dinner, I seem to have been surviving on a combination of liquorice, vegan chocolates, crisps and cold roast potatoes, along with the odd glass of mulled wine, buck's fizz and coca cola. I'm not even sure that I should be broadcasting this, what with me being a counsellor, but hey - it's christmas time, and I'm human, and it's surely ok to let go of all those 'shoulds' and 'shouldn'ts' at this time of year!



Christmas day was a lovely, simple affair. It started with the most gorgeous sunrise,^ and was rounded off with games of trivial pursuits and the like, in the evening. Hope you had a lovely day too...

Christmas is not as much about opening our presents as opening our hearts
~ Janice Maeditere




Now I'm feeling quite reflective. I'm glad that this year is almost over, and I'm filled with hope for the new year about to begin. I'm aware that I have spent a lot of time struggling through 2010, but it hasn't all been bad. In fact there have been some really happy times, despite the fact that it's been such a challenging year. So I decided to write a list of 10 highlights of the year - it's nice to remember the good times! Maybe you could do something similar? If you do, please feel free to share your list! Here's mine:

My 10 Highlights of 2010:

In no particular order...


1. Learning to play my ukulele! ^




2. Doing lots of baking! ^



3. Being so proud of Iona passing her GCSEs! ^



4. Some lovely days out in the summer ^

5. Maximo Park, at Split Festival

6. Being creative. Writing quite a bit, and taking lots of photos :-)

7. Lovely intimate Paul Smith gig, at RPM




8. Kendal Calling festival - definitely worth another visit! ^

9. Getting through what has been the most challenging year of my life. Learning so much, as a result...


10. Iona starting 6th form, and seeing her blossom more every day, and being so proud of her, and enjoying every moment of her being a teenager! ^

All in all, I have so much to be grateful for!


Gratitude is the memory of the heart ~
Jean Baptiste Massieu, translated from French


If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, "thank you," that would suffice
 ~ Meister Eckhart



Let's continue to be grateful for all the opportunities that come our way in 2001...

4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Ali.

    Loved this gentle, reflective blog - full of gratitude.

    Love
    David

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw, thank you David - glad you liked it.
    Happy New Year to you too xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this blog :)
    ..but PLEASE change the first picture of me

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok love - I'll find another one! xx

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.