Saturday 14 August 2010

Fade Out ...



That night,

You ripped out my

Heart

And turned my world

Upside down

For one last time.


I cried tears of acid rain

And screamed silently

Into the darkest of nights

And through endless days;

Wondering how the hell was I supposed to

Get through

This

Without you?


...When your heart stopped,

Part of mine died too...

----------------------------------


For me, writing is a very therapeutic process. First, I write down whatever comes out of my mind, heart, and/or soul - whether it's random words, jumbled sentences, or a stream of consciousness or inner dialogue - I just let it all come out, then I read through it and sometimes it becomes some sort of poem; sometimes not. Sometimes, it already is a poem. Usually, it starts off as quite a long poem, as it's important to be able to tell the whole story ... but then it often requires cutting down quite a bit, so as to get to the point, rather than ramble on too much...

Writing helps make sense of something that doesn't make sense...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.