Wednesday 7 April 2010

When the going gets tough ...


Have you ever noticed how it sometimes feels like life seems to kick you when you're already down? One bad thing after another seems to strike again and again and again? And you feel so close to breaking point that you just can't imagine being able to cope with one more thing? And then one more thing happens, and you somehow DO cope - you get through it, even though you felt you couldn't take anymore... And what a feeling it is to one day be able to look back on these hard times, and be amazed that you managed to get through it...


For me the last few weeks have been some of the hardest, most challenging, most painful weeks of my life. One thing after another seems to be thundering down on me, and I have felt close to breaking point at times. I have been depleted of all my inner resources - completely physically and emotionally drained... I was just beginning to feel that I was turning a corner, then another blow struck.

Yesterday I discovered someone cloned my bank card and they've withdrawn all of my money, so this months rent hasn't been paid - and the bank said I might not get the money back. This really felt like the final straw - on top of all the other blows I've been dealing with, I just felt like I didn't have the strength or energy to cope with sorting this out, even though in the grander scheme of things, it's quite a minor thing compared to the other things I've been trying to cope with...


Yet at the same time, I knew deep down that I WOULD get through this. Even though I felt like collapsing and giving up, a little voice inside me was saying:
'I won't let this knock me down!!! I'm a survivor!'


I went to bed last night, not knowing how on earth I would be feeling in the morning...
But I woke up and wrote this in my journal:
So today a new day dawns, filling me with renewed strength & the determination to keep on going, despite the latest blow ....


I know I'll survive - I'm sure I'll look back one day, and be proud of myself for getting through all this... Life's challenges are what makes us stronger. Without these challenges we maybe wouldn't really appreciate the good times, and all the beauty there is in the world... I know deep down that things will get better and that good things surely lie ahead...
~~~


If you're going through a bad time too, have faith. Things will get better.


Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength
by 'unknown'


You have to trust in yourself
You must believe in yourself
You have to follow your heart
You overcome, improve, endure
Machine Head song lyrics


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.